Asian Curry Awards 2023: Here's where to go for a nice curry
Published 22 Nov 2023
The 2023 winners of the so-called “Curry Oscars” have been revealed and there are quite a few London restaurants that went home happy on the night.
The Asian Curry Awards are one of the biggest events of the Asian culinary calendar in the UK. A shortlist of 100 finalists is compiled by public vote, then assessed by a panel of judges from the Asian Catering Federation to determine the eventual winners. In 2023, these were announced at a gala held at Grosvenor House in Mayfair on Sunday 19 November, with London Mayor Sadiq Khan as Guest of Honour.
This year's London-based winners of the Asian Curry Awards are:
- Babur – Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year
- Colonel Saab – Asian Restaurant of the Year
- The Bombay Restaurant – Asian Restaurant of the Year, London Suburbs
- Hakkasan – Chinese Restaurant of the Year
- Spice Village – Event Caterer of the Year
- Namaaste – Newcomer of the Year
- Panas Gurkha – Newcomer of the Year
Chefs of two London restaurants also won the Chef of the Year award:
You can find the full list of winners at the 2023 Asian Curry Awards here. Congratulations to all the winners!