Thatsup’s group of ambassadors is a community of fantastic people who get out and about in town and then share their experiences.
It really is that simple; just share your local experiences, whether it’s a tasting menu at a Michelin-starred restaurant, a two-minute espresso at a hole-in-the-wall coffee bar or how your latest haircut turned out. As an ambassador you get invited to all kinds of fun events, you get to meet other ambassadors and the reviews you write on Thatsup gain credibility among the hundreds of thousands of readers who visit the site each month looking for the city’s top spots.
How do you become an ambassador?
You either nominate yourself or someone else you think ought to be an ambassador. You can do this at any time. The only thing you need to write in the application is why you think you, or the person you’re nominating, should be an ambassador. One or two sentences is enough. Or ten, we’re not too fussy. Selection of new ambassadors takes place twice a year - in September and in February.
Benefits of being a Thatsup ambassador
As well as taking part in exclusive Thatsup events, where anything can happen, you also have the opportunity to meet other like-minded people, both reviewers and exciting businesses. Your Thatsup profile will show that you’re a proud ambassador, giving your reviews added credibility and visibility.
All our members can apply to become an ambassador. You don’t need to be out visiting the hippest restaurants seven days a week. You just have to enjoy going to restaurants, or perhaps you’re our new shopping expert who has written the most store reviews on the site, or a caffeine addict who reviews coffee bars. Thatsup’s ambassadors represent all our visitors, what makes them special is the experiences they share in the form of reviews, images, lists etc. But we do have a few simple criteria you need to fulfil…
• Your profile must have a verified email address.
• You must have a profile picture of yourself and use your real name.
• You need to write a presentation of yourself on your profile, or answer one of the set questions.
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You must have shared a few experiences on Thatsup, preferably in the form of reviews, but photographs and lists are also appreciated.
Once you’ve become an ambassador, it’s important to bear a few things in mind in order to retain your place in the next selection:
• You must regularly write good and honest reviews (accompanying photographs are a huge plus).
• You must be an active member who follows the other ambassadors and interacts with and reacts to their experiences.
• You must help keep Thatsup updated by changing inaccurate information, reporting reviews that don’t conform to our rules and anything else you come across that needs fixing.
Thatsup is all about opinions. Opinion can often differ. At Thatsup we always maintain a good tone free from arrogance and negativity. We welcome new ambassadors and treat others the way we would like to be treated.
Submit your application and become a Thatsup ambassador here.
Follow me and send me a message
Ida Berzén, Community & Marketing Manager