Chuku's and five other London restaurants get share of £70,000 to boost their business
Published 9 Nov 2023
A while back we reported on a grant offering a total of £70,000 to small, independent restaurants. The winners have now been announced.
Supported by American Express, the US-based International Downtown Association Foundation has announced the recipients of its second annual grant aimed at supporting small indie restaurants in London. Aimed at “small, independent restaurants owned by individuals from underrepresented and/or economically vulnerable groups to help make critical improvements needed to help boost their business, such as enhancing digital capabilities, building or revitalizing their dining spaces, and making other physical improvements,” the Backing International Small Restaurants awards £11,500 to each of six winning restaurants.
The 2023 winners are:
- Nigerian tapas hotspot Chuku's in Tottenham,
- Caribbean fusion restaurant and community space Buster Mantis in Deptford,
- Stroud Green's all-day restaurant and bar The Goods Office,
- vegan live music hub The Sound Lounge in Sutton,
- creative Forest Hill café and event space Canvas & Cream,
- and Casuarina Tree, a Mitcham restaurant and hotel serving Sri Lankan and Indian cuisine.
Congratulations to all the winners!